- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 2 tomatillos, husked and roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 cups diced white onion
- 1/2 serrano chili, stemmed
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Leaves from 2 sprigs cilantro, chopped (optional)
Every taco stand offers some variation on this simple salsa, which is not guacamole, but is a way to add some creaminess and moisture to a taco. It is essential on anything grilled, such as chicken or carne asada, and is often served with carnitas and al pasto tacos.