- 2 cups fresh fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 fresh rosemary sprigs OR 1 to 2 Tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 to 2 fresh tarragon sprigs OR 1 to 2 Tbsp dried tarragon
- 1 Tbsp salt or salt substitute
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 cup cold water
- In a clean glass jar, pack in fennel and herbs until 3/4 full.
- Gently heat salt and vinegar and in a small saucepan for a few seconds until salt has dissolved. Remove from heat and add cold water.
- Let liquid cool and then pour over fennel, rosemary, and tarragon in glass jar. Add additional cold water as needed to cover fennel. Leave room at top.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Keep refrigerated and eat within a week.
9 Calories, 2 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Fiber, 0 g Total fat, 885 mg Sodium