- 8 oz Eden Oat Flakes
- 6 oz Eden Spicy Berry Mix
- 2 oz Eden Pistachios
- 2 oz Eden Dried Cranberries
- 2 oz Eden Dried Wild Blueberries
- 1/4 cup organic Thompson raisins
- 6 oz organic maple syrup
- 4 oz organic honey
- 1 1/2 tsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Eden Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Heat a large, heavy skillet and dry roast the oats several minutes until they release a nutty fragrance and begin to brown slightly. Remove and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Pulse the pistachios in the processor for several seconds and pour into the bowl. Place all dried fruit in the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place the syrup, honey and oil in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring constantly for 7 minutes. As the syrup cooks, it will begin to thicken. To test for doneness, fill a measuring cup with cold water. After 5 minutes of simmering, periodically drop a small drop of syrup into the water. When done, it will form a small soft ball in the bottom of the measuring cup. When this happens, remove and add the salt and vanilla to the syrup. Stir and pour over the oat mixture. Mix to thoroughly coat.
- Preheat to oven to 300°. Lightly oil an 11" by 7" baking sheet and spread the oat mixture evenly over. Moisten hands very lightly and press the oat mixture down firmly. Bake for about 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from the oven, press down on the granola with a moisten spatula and let cool for about 2 hours to harden. Slice into 1-inch squares.
Eden Foods is the oldest natural and organic food company in North America, and the largest remaining independent manufacturer of dry grocery, organic food. They track the environmental impact of their food upstream from suppliers, through company operations, and downstream, monitoring all the social impacts.