- 10 pieces bread of your choice
- 1/4 cups olive oil
- 10 heaping Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp garlic salt (for a salt-free version substitute with garlic powder)*
- 1 Tbsp onion powder*
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano*
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place bread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle oil over bread and place in oven for 5 minutes. Flip slices over and bake for another 5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from oven and let bread cool completely.
- Once bread is cool, place in a large plastic bag and, using a rolling pin or meat tenderizer, crush pieces of bread until you have a fine bread crumb-like consistency.**
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and add in remaining ingredients. Stir well. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- *To make unseasoned bread crumbs, simply omit the nutritional yeast, garlic salt, onion powder, and oregano.
- **Alternatively, you can crush your bread in a food processor. Add one or two pieces to your processor at a time and pulse until you have a fine bread crumb-like consistency. Just make sure not to overprocess.