- 1 bunch kale, leaves torn into bite-size pieces (approximately 8 cups)
- 1/8 cup avocado oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped*
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Make salad: In a large bowl, rub kale leaves with oil.
- Transfer kale leaves to a roasting pan and roast for 12 minutes, or until leaves become crispy and slightly browned. Set kale leaves aside.
- Make dressing: In a high-speed blender or food processor, blend avocado, yogurt, lime juice, jalapeño, and cilantro until mixture is smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide crispy kale leaves, sliced bell pepper, and pumpkin seeds among 4 bowls. Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
*For a less spicy dressing, remove the seeds from the jalapeño pepper before blending the dressing.