- 4 medium beets, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed and washed carefully (white base and first inch of green chopped)
- 4 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 12 medium kale leaves, ribs cut out, leafy part sliced into large bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 2 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 4 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 medium garlic clove, diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1⁄8 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 395˚.
- Toss beets and leeks in a medium bowl with 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, the black pepper, and the Italian seasoning. Stir to coat well. Arrange beets and leeks on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 35 to 45 minutes, until tender but still firm.
- Meanwhile, toss kale in a small bowl with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Spread on a baking sheet. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until crisp.
- Heat a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add pistachios, stirring frequently until warmed through; don’t allow nuts to brown.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a bowl. When ready to serve, place kale on a serving platter, drizzle dressing over and toss gently. Add beets and leeks and garnish with nuts and cheese, if using. Serve warm or at room temperature.
These vegetables can easily be roasted a day in advance. Simply toss with dressing before serving.