For the Dressing:
- 1 small grapefruit (preferably red)
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
- Pinch sea salt
For the Salad:
- 1 small bunch watercress
- 1 small bunch arugula
- 2 cups coarsely cubed watermelon
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 4 mint sprigs, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Fresh lime juice
- Slivered almonds (optional)
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Make dressing: Roll grapefruit back and forth on a cutting board and then cut it into quarters. Use your hands to squeeze juice of grapefruit into a small bowl. Add jalapeño and sea salt. Set aside for at least 20 minutes to allow heat of jalapeño to infuse grapefruit dressing.
- Meanwhile, make salad. On a large serving platter, arrange watercress and arugula so they cover most of platter. Add watermelon and layer avocado slices on top.
- Gently strain grapefruit dressing over salad, reserving jalapeños, being sure to cover watermelon and avocado but not drown watercress. Place jalapeños around edges of platter.
- Sprinkle mint over top and finish with a drizzle of oil, a squeeze of lime juice, almonds (if using), and a pinch or two of pink Himalayan salt. Serve immediately.