- 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 package (.88 oz) Eden Maitake Mushrooms, soaked in 3 cups warm water for 20 minutes, reserve soaking water
- 28 oz organic whole canned tomatoes, diced, including cooking water
- or 3 medium fresh organic tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup Eden Three Onion Sauerkraut, and 1/2 cup sauerkraut juice
- or EDEN Sauerkraut
- 5 cups water or homemade soup stock, including maitake soaking water
- 1/4 cup Eden Bonito Flakes, crumbled, optional
- 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 2 pinches fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped, for garnish
- Heat oil in a heavy pot and sauté onions and carrots 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except the dill. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 30 minutes until cabbage is tender.
- Garnish with chopped dill and serve.
Eden Foods is the oldest natural and organic food company in North America, and the largest remaining independent manufacturer of dry grocery, organic food. They track the environmental impact of their food upstream from suppliers, through company operations, and downstream, monitoring all the social impacts.