- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 8 oz (2 cups) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Chives for garnish (optional)
- In a medium pot, steam cauliflower florets in about one-quarter to one-half cup of water on medium-high heat until tender.
- Mash cauliflower. Add broth, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder to pot, and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese.
- Transfer mixture to a blender (or use an immersion blender), and puree soup until smooth. Serve immediately.