- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 red potatoes, cut to bite-size pieces
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups of water
- 1 small bunch of fresh baby spinach. Rinse well and trim stems.
- 1 cup cooked navy beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and potatoes; cook until onion is lightly browned (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in thyme, tomato paste and 2 cups water; bring to simmer, cover and cook until potatoes are tender (about 8 minutes).
- Add spinach; cover, and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes. Add cooked beans; bring soup to simmer, stirring frequently.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.