- 2 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1/3 cup Eden Dried Montmorency Cherries, coarsely chopped Eden Dried Wild Blueberries, or Eden Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Eden Barley Malt Syrup
- 1 Tbsp organic maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Eden Apple Juice
- 1 pinch Eden Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Lightly oil the squash skin and place cut side down in an oiled baking sheet. Place the juice in the sheet.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the squash is tender. Pierce with a fork to test.
- When the squash is just about done, heat up the remaining olive oil, barley malt, maple syrup, cherries, pecans, sea salt and cinnamon.
- Place one-quarter of the cherries/pecan mixture in each acorn half. Mix a little of the squash together with the cherries/pecan mixture, using a spoon or fork to mix.
- Bake right side up for another 5 minutes. Place in a serving dish.
303 calories, 9 g fat (37% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 48 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium