- 2 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1/3 cup Eden Dried Montmorency Cherries, coarsely chopped Eden Dried Wild Blueberries, or Eden Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Eden Barley Malt Syrup
- 1 Tbsp organic maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Eden Apple Juice
- 1 pinch Eden Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Lightly oil the squash skin and place cut side down in an oiled baking sheet. Place the juice in the sheet.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the squash is tender. Pierce with a fork to test.
- When the squash is just about done, heat up the remaining olive oil, barley malt, maple syrup, cherries, pecans, sea salt and cinnamon.
- Place one-quarter of the cherries/pecan mixture in each acorn half. Mix a little of the squash together with the cherries/pecan mixture, using a spoon or fork to mix.
- Bake right side up for another 5 minutes. Place in a serving dish.
303 calories, 9 g fat (37% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 48 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium
Eden Foods is the oldest natural and organic food company in North America, and the largest remaining independent manufacturer of dry grocery, organic food. They track the environmental impact of their food upstream from suppliers, through company operations, and downstream, monitoring all the social impacts.