- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 lemons, 3 zested and 1 juiced (reserve an extra Tbsp of juice)
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 container fresh berries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly brush a 9-inch cake pan with olive oil.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, vigorously whisk eggs and sugar together for 3 to 4 minutes. Whisk in vanilla extract, lemon juice, and zest. Whisk in olive oil.
- Stir in flour until just smooth and combined, don't overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool the cake 10 minutes in pan then remove to cooling rack for another 5 minutes. Stir the icing sugar and extra tablespoon of juice in a small bowl until smooth. Glaze the cake top and serve with berries.