- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 cups 1/2-inch chunks of peeled and seeded butternut squash
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 (16 oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup whole cashews
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 (14 oz) can of coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add squash and sauté for approximately 10 minutes, until it begins to soften and brown.
- Add broccoli, garlic, and ginger. Sauté for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add curry powder, chickpeas, cashews, raisins, and coconut milk to pan. Bring mixture to a simmer, lower heat to medium-low, and cover pan. Cook until vegetables are tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Before serving, sprinkle dish with mint. This curry can be served alone or with brown rice.