From The Fully Raw Diet by Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram ($24.99, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2016)
- 3 kale leaves, preferably lacinato (dinosaur) or curly kale, including stems
- 3 apples (about 1 1/2 lb), peel, seeds, and all
- 1/2 large pineapple (about 1 lb), leaves and rind removed
- Juice of 3 juice oranges
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 Tbsp)
- Rinse all ingredients as needed. Cut them so that they fit easily into the feed tube of your juicer.
- Run all ingredients except citrus juices through juicer. Remove any remaining bits of fiber (which will look like foam) by pouring juice through a wire strainer. Stir in citrus juices.
- Drink immediately, or refrigerate for up to 24 hours in a tightly closed container.
This vibrant juice is designed to make you burst with energy, goodness, and life! A big glass of this juice in the morning helps with inflammatory conditions like arthritis, and with acne, indigestion, and migraines. It is a powerhouse of simple carbohydrates that keeps you energized.
Per serving (serves 2): 310 Calories, 3 g Protein, 78 g Carbohydrates, 11 g Fiber, 2 g Total fat (1 g poly), 9 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin C, Manganese, ★★★★ Copper, ★★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B6, ★ Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), Folate, Pantothenic acid, Magnesium, Potassium