- 10 oz carrot coriander soup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup roasted tomatillos
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp Sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Pinch of cumin
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Mix thoroughly.
- Bring mixture to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- To store, cool to room temperature, cover, and refrigerate.
Try this sauce with grilled meat, on southwestern food, tossed with roasted sweet potatoes, mixed with rice, or as braising liquid.
70 Calories, 16 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Fiber, 1 g Total fat, 180 mg Sodium, Vitamin A