- 10 oz carrot coriander soup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup roasted tomatillos
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp Sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Pinch of cumin
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Mix thoroughly.
- Bring mixture to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- To store, cool to room temperature, cover, and refrigerate.
Try this sauce with grilled meat, on southwestern food, tossed with roasted sweet potatoes, mixed with rice, or as braising liquid.