- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 French baguette*, cut into 3/4-inch slices, sliced on the diagonal (discard ends)
- 1 package Boursin cheese, softened to room temperature, any flavor**
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 firm fresh pear, halved, cored, and cut into slivers***
- 18 whole walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup radicchio, shredded
- Sprouts for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, oil, and the 1/2 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Lightly brush each side of crostini with honey-oil mixture and place on a baking sheet. Reserve remaining honey-oil mixture for later.
- Bake crostini in oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove crostini from oven and let cool.
- In a small bowl, mix together Boursin cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan, the 1 teaspoon of black pepper, and the tarragon until smooth.
- Divide cheese spread evenly between each crostini. Top cheese with 2 or 3 pear slices and bake crostini for another 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese is warmed through.
- Remove crostini from oven and top with toasted walnuts and shredded radicchio. Drizzle honey-oil mixture over crostini.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature. Garnish with sprouts if desired.
- *For a gluten-free version of this appetizer, use gluten-free baguette bread.
- **Try adding blue cheese to the Boursin for a different flavor.
- ***You can substitute apples for the pears.