- 4 cups hot water
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or parsley
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Combine water, polenta, and salt in a glass baking dish. Stir. Bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- Carefully taste a small amount of the polenta. If the grains are not soft, bake for an additional 10 minutes. Add butter and cheeses and bake for 10 minutes more. If the grains are soft, add butter and cheeses. Stir. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately for a soft version. For a stiffer version, let dish set for about 5 minutes. Garnish with herbs before serving.