For the Crust
- 3 cup almond flour
- 2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup smooth natural almond butter, well stirred
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the Filling
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup warm (not hot or boiling) water
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup chopped raw pecans
- 3/4 cup pecan halves for topping
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Make the Crust
- Line an 8-inch round tart pan with a removable bottom with unbleached parchment paper (it’s okay if paper comes slightly over edge of pan).
- In a food processor, combine the 3 cups of the almond flour, the shredded coconut, the 1 cup of maple syrup, the almond butter, cinnamon, and salt. Pulse until dough comes together and forms a ball. Press dough over bottom and up sides of prepared tart pan.
- Refrigerate while you prepare filling.
Make the Filling
- Wipe food processor bowl and blade clean. Place dates, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt in food processor. With food processor running, slowly pour in the 1/2 cup of warm water (you may not need to use it all) until mixture is very smooth and caramel-like. Transfer date caramel to large bowl.
- Add the 1 cup of the almond flour, the chopped pecans, the 1/4 cup of maple syrup, and the pumpkin pie spice to bowl with date caramel. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined, with no visible almond flour (filling will be stiff; if you have a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, it will make this part easier).
Make the Pie
- Scrape filling into chilled crust. Use a lightly greased spatula or your fingers to smooth filling out evenly to edges of pan.
- In a medium bowl, toss pecan halves with remaining 1 tablespoon maple syrup until well coated. Press pecans into top of filling. Refrigerate pie for 1 hour or freeze for 30 minutes before serving.
This raw, fully vegan, gluten-free, no-bake pecan pie is a healthy and tasty alternative to traditional pecan pie.