- 2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup onion, diced 1/3 inch
- 1 cup celery, diced 1/3 inch
- 1 cup apples, diced 1/3 inch
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook rice according to package directions. (Use chicken or vegetable broth in place of water for more flavor.) Drain rice in a colander.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery, and cook until soft, approximately 8 minutes. Add apple and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add cranberries, thyme, marjoram, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer mixture to a large oiled baking dish. Bake, covered, until stuffing is heated through, approximately 30 minutes.