- 3/4 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp salt 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil, plus 2 tsp for greasing pan
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease the cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with the 2 teaspoons of coconut oil.
- Whisk flours, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla in a medium bowl until mixture is combined and smooth. Whisk maple syrup mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Gently stir in carrots, raisins, and walnuts.
- Fill each cup of muffin pan with approximately 1/4 cup batter. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean when inserted in center of a muffin.
- Let muffins cool for 10 minutes in pan. Remove muffins and transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
1 Muffin: 226 Calories, 3 g Protein, 30 g Carbohydrates, 2 g Fiber, 12 g Total fat (9 g sat), 172 mg Sodium, ★★★ Vitamin D, ★★ Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Phosphorus, ★ Vitamin A, B1 (thiamine), Calcium