- 1/2 cup short-grain brown rice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup, plus additional for drizzling
- 1 cup nondairy unsweetened milk
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped, pitted dates
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine rice, cinnamon, salt, and 1 cup of water in a pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover pan with a lid, reduce heat to low, and cook for 40 to 45 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
- Heat maple syrup and milk in a large saucepan. Add cooked rice, raisins, and dates. Stir over medium heat until mixture is thick and creamy, approximately 5 minutes.
- Divide porridge between 2 bowls. Top each with walnuts and drizzle with additional maple syrup, if desired.