- 3 navel oranges, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 4 tsp confectioners’ sugar
- 9 large strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and cut into 7 to 8 slices
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 to 4 drops vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- 1 container (6 oz) low-fat or fat-free vanilla yogurt, optional
- In individual clear glass bowls or a serving dish or pie plate, arrange half the orange slices to cover bottom. Place sugar in a small strainer. Sprinkle some lightly over oranges.
- Cover orange layer with half the strawberries. Sprinkle sugar. Add another layer of orange, then one of kiwi. Finish with remaining strawberries, sprinkling each layer with some sugar.
- Combine orange juice and vanilla in a small container. Drizzle evenly over top layer. Add a layer of pineapple. Top with coconut. Sprinkle on any remaining sugar.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 to 12 hours. Using a turkey baster, remove excess juices from bottom of each dish. Garnish with mint and serve chilled. If desired, pass yogurt as a sauce to drizzle over Ambrosia.
152 Calories, 4 g Protein, 36 g Carbohydrates, 7 g Fiber, 1 g Total fat (1 g sat), 30 mg Sodium, Biotin, Vitamin C, Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Calcium, Copper, Manganese, Phosphorus