- 4 cups apples - peeled, cored and diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil*
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour one 9 by 13 cake pan or tube pan.
- Beat oil and eggs together until frothy on top. Add sugar and vanilla. Beat well.
- Sift flour salt, baking soda and cinnamon into a bowl.
- Slowly add flour mixture to egg mixture. Continue mixing gently until combined.
- Fold in diced apples.
- Spread batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool cake on wire rack. Serve with a dusting of confectioners' sugar.
*Substitute 1/4 cup oil with 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce to reduce calories and total fat.
289 Calories, 10.2g Total Fat, 30.8mg Cholesterol, 109.1mg Sodium, 47.3g Total Carbohydrate (Dietary Fiber: 1.7g Sugars: 29.2g) 3.3g Protein