- 2 cups organic unbleached white flour
- 1 Tbsp non-aluminum baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp EDEN Sea Salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 2 Tbsp EDEN Safflower Oil
- 3/4 cup EDENSOY Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp EDEN Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- 1 cup EDEN Apple Sauce
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup organic seedless raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Oil and lightly flour two 8" cake pans or one 9" by 13" sheet cake pan.
- In a large bowl, blend all dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, EDENSOY Vanilla, and apple cider vinegar. Let sit for 5 minutes. Pour into dry ingredients.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla extract, and apple sauce.
- Add nuts and raisins, if using, and mix well.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- When cool, top with your favorite fruit, chopped nuts or frosting.
200 calories, 13g fat (54% calories from fat), 2g protein, 23g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium