- 2 cups organic unbleached white flour
- 1 Tbsp non-aluminum baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp EDEN Sea Salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 2 Tbsp EDEN Safflower Oil
- 3/4 cup EDENSOY Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp EDEN Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- 1 cup EDEN Apple Sauce
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup organic seedless raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Oil and lightly flour two 8" cake pans or one 9" by 13" sheet cake pan.
- In a large bowl, blend all dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, EDENSOY Vanilla, and apple cider vinegar. Let sit for 5 minutes. Pour into dry ingredients.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla extract, and apple sauce.
- Add nuts and raisins, if using, and mix well.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- When cool, top with your favorite fruit, chopped nuts or frosting.
200 calories, 13g fat (54% calories from fat), 2g protein, 23g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium
Eden Foods is the oldest natural and organic food company in North America, and the largest remaining independent manufacturer of dry grocery, organic food. They track the environmental impact of their food upstream from suppliers, through company operations, and downstream, monitoring all the social impacts.