- 8 inch by 12 inch baking pan
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 Tbsp low-fat, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (2 small) very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup Mori-Nu Baking Blend
- 2/3 cup unrefined cane sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees
- Coat the baking pan with cooking spray.
- Dust the pan evenly with flour and tap out excess flour.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk mashed banana, Baking Blend, sugar, maple syrup, canola oil, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the banana mixture; mix with a spatula lightly just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
221 calories, 3.5 g protein, 38 g carbohydrates, 7 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol
Morinaga Nutritional Foods, Inc.
Mori-Nu's product line consists of silken style tofu in soft, firm, and extra-firm varieties. The creamy-smooth texture and mild flavor of original Mori-Nu Silken Tofu make it ideal for everything from shakes and cream pies to sauces, soups, dips, and main dishes.
Retailers and consumers alike appreciate the miraculous package that assures Mori-Nu Silken Tofu, unlike traditional water-pack tofu, is free from contamination and easy to store.