- 1 cup EDEN Dried Wild Blueberries, 2 packages
- 1 cup EDEN Dried Cranberries
- 1 cup EDEN Dried Montmorency Cherries, 2 packages
- 5 cups EDEN Apple Juice
- 1 pinch EDEN Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp EDEN Cherry Juice Concentrate
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- 5 Tbsp EDEN Kuzu Root Starch
- 6 Tbsp cold water, for dissolving kuzu
Crust & Topping
- Place the three types dried fruit in a large saucepan with the apple juice, sea salt, cherry juice concentrate and maple syrup.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the flame to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the kuzu and cold water.
- Stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Add the dissolved kuzu, a little at a time, to the cooked fruit while stirring constantly.
- Cook 1 minute until thick.
- Turn off the flame and allow to cool while making the crust.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- To prepare the crust and topping, roast the oats in a dry skillet until slightly browned and they release a nutty aroma.
- Remove and place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Dry roast the sunflower seeds, stirring constantly, until slightly browned.
- Place in a food processor or blender, and pulse just until a coarse consistency.
- Combine with the oats.
- Add the flours and sea salt, and mix.
- Add the vanilla, olive oil apple juice and maple syrup, and mix again.
- Lightly oil a 11 1/2" x 16 1/2" baking sheet.
- Sprinkle 3/4 of the crust mixture over the baking sheet.
- With a spatula or rolling pin press the crust mixture down until flat and evenly covering the bottom of the sheet.
- Spread the cooked fruit evenly over the crust with a spoon.
- Take the remaining crust mixture and sprinkle it on top of the fruit. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for 20 minutes or so before cutting into squares.
Per serving: 183 calories, 6g fat (27% calories from fat), 2g protein, 32g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium