- 4 cups (about one 14 oz package) shredded coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (chilled and cut into small pieces)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using a food processor, pulse 3 cups of coconut, sugar, salt, baking powder until the mixture is fine.
- Add butter and pulse until mixture has a uniform texture.
- Add vanilla and egg and pulse until the dough just barely begins to pull together.
- Using a small cookie scoop (or ice-cream) scoop dough into balls and roll in remaining coconut.
- Bake for 14 to 18 minutes, or until edges are golden