Sesame Street C is for Cooking: Recipes from the Street by Susan McQuillan, RD ($17.95, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2009)
- 1 cantaloupe or honeydew melon, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple or kiwi cubes
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup low-fat, organic lemon yogurt
- 2 bananas
- 2 Tbsp honey, optional
- 1 cup crispy cold cereal, such as granola
- Using small ice cream scoop, scoop out rounds of melon. Place melon on plate or baking sheet and store in freezer while you prepare remainder of fruits and toppings.
- In small bowl, toss together pineapple cubes and blueberries. Stir in yogurt. Set aside.
- Cut bananas in half, crosswise. Cut each half in half again, lengthwise. Place 2 banana pieces in bottom of 4 small bowls.
- Top with scoops of melon from freezer. Spoon pineapple mixture over melon.
- Drizzle evenly with honey, if using. Sprinkle each serving evenly with cereal.
193 Calories, 3 g Protein, 48 g Carbohydrates, 5 g Fiber, 91 mg Sodium, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin B3 (niacin), Copper, Manganese, Potassium