- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp instant espresso powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp almond milk (plain or vanilla)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted and soaked in water for about 1 hour
- 3 Tbsp raw agave nectar
- 2 Tbsp cashew butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup palm oil shortening
- 1/4 cup coconut manna, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine the coconut flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking soda, salt and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, coconut oil, honey, almond milk, vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Add the dry ingredient to the wet and mix to combine into a smooth batter.
- Fill each of three round cake pans half way up, distributing the batter equally among the pans.
- Place pans on a cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool until ready to fill and layer. Once cool, invert cakes on a wire baking rack to release the pans.
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of your food processor and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides.
- Using an offset spatula, spread filling to about 1/4” thickness onto the flat side of 2 cakes, leaving about 1/4” from the outer edge of cake all around. Stack one on top of the other, and top with the last cake.
- Whip all ingredients in a mixing bowl with a hand blender until fluffy.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Whip again before frosting the cake.
Try topping your cake with raw unsweetened cacao nibs or toasted coconut flakes!