- 5 Tbsp EDEN Mirin
- 1 cup organic golden seedless raisins
- 1 1/4 cups EDENSOY Original
- or EDENSOY Vanilla
- 1/2 cup EDEN Safflower Oil
- 1/4 cup EDEN Barley Malt Syrup
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 2 cups organic unbleached white flour
- 1 1/2 tsp dry yeast
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup organic almonds, blanched, remove skins, chopped
- 2 cups organic whole wheat pastry flour
- Combine mirin and raisins. Set aside to soak.
- Warm the EDENSOY, oil and sweeteners together in a sauce pan.
- In a food processor, combine warmed liquid with 2 cups unbleached white flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and yeast. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Drain the raisins. Place the soaked raisins, almonds and pastry flour in the mixing bowl and fold in.
- Knead until well combined.
- Allow to rise, covered with a damp towel, in a warm spot for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 2 balls, shape into crescents and place on an oiled baking sheet.
- Let rise an hour or so, until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Make the glaze. Heat orange juice with soaked agar agar flakes, stirring constantly until the agar is completely dissolved.
- Add barley malt and mirin.
- Allow to cool slightly before pouring over the stollen.
313 calories, 15g fat (39% calories from fat), 6g protein, 44g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium