- 5 Tbsp EDEN Mirin
- 1 cup organic golden seedless raisins
- 1 1/4 cups EDENSOY Original
- or EDENSOY Vanilla
- 1/2 cup EDEN Safflower Oil
- 1/4 cup EDEN Barley Malt Syrup
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 2 cups organic unbleached white flour
- 1 1/2 tsp dry yeast
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup organic almonds, blanched, remove skins, chopped
- 2 cups organic whole wheat pastry flour
- Combine mirin and raisins. Set aside to soak.
- Warm the EDENSOY, oil and sweeteners together in a sauce pan.
- In a food processor, combine warmed liquid with 2 cups unbleached white flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and yeast. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Drain the raisins. Place the soaked raisins, almonds and pastry flour in the mixing bowl and fold in.
- Knead until well combined.
- Allow to rise, covered with a damp towel, in a warm spot for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 2 balls, shape into crescents and place on an oiled baking sheet.
- Let rise an hour or so, until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Make the glaze. Heat orange juice with soaked agar agar flakes, stirring constantly until the agar is completely dissolved.
- Add barley malt and mirin.
- Allow to cool slightly before pouring over the stollen.
313 calories, 15g fat (39% calories from fat), 6g protein, 44g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium
Eden Foods is the oldest natural and organic food company in North America, and the largest remaining independent manufacturer of dry grocery, organic food. They track the environmental impact of their food upstream from suppliers, through company operations, and downstream, monitoring all the social impacts.