- Heat water, mango nectar, nutmeg and cinnamon in a sauce pan to simmer.
- In another large saucepan measure out 1 cup Arborio Rice and add one cup of the hot water/mango mixture, stirring constantly until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Continue adding the water/mango mixture one cup at a time until all the liquid is used and rice is tender. (If texture is too firm, add 1⁄2 cup additional water.)
- The rice should take about 25 minutes to cook, and still have some sauce left. Fold in the diced mango.
- Garnish with toasted coconut, nutmeats, or dried fruit.
This recipe can be used for any seasonal fruit and juice/nectar. For the fall, try apples, walnuts and pumpkin pie spices.