- 6 kiwifruit, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 galia melon or honeydew melon (approximately 12 oz), peeled, deseeded, and cut into chunks
- 3 1/2 oz caster sugar or superfine sugar
- 4 sprigs of mint, leaves picked off
- Place all fruit in a freezer bag and freeze until firm. When ready, bring sugar and 3 1/2 fluid ounces water to boil in a saucepan. Simmer until sugar has dissolved. Cool until it is just lukewarm. (A quick way to do this is to place the saucepan in a basin of cold water.)
- While sugar syrup is cooling, remove fruit from freezer to soften a little. Place fruit in a food processor along with mint leaves and blitz, pouring in sugar syrup slowly. Continue blending until completely cooled. Mixture should have a soft-serve texture, meaning you could serve it straight away. Or, you could give it a few more hours in a freezer-proof tub in the freezer to firm it up before serving.