- 2 qt low-fat milk
- 2 cup rice, not instant, uncooked
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sweetened, condensed milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Sliced almonds for garnish, toasted
- In medium saucepan, bring milk to boil. (Stir frequently to prevent scorching.)
- Add rice. Lower heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, condensed milk, and cinnamon. Simmer, uncovered, for about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in almond extract. Garnish with sliced almonds and serve warm.
374 Calories, 12 g Protein, 66 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Fiber, 7 g Total fat (4 g sat, 2 g mono), 125 mg Sodium, Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B12, Pantothenic acid, Calcium, Iodine, Manganese, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin A, B3 (niacin), B6, Biotin, Folate, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Molybdenum, Potassium, Zinc