From The Omega 3 Cookbook by Michael van Straten
- Soft unsalted butter, for greasing
- 2 cooking apples, cored, peeled, halved, and sliced
- 1 heaped Tbsp dark brown sugar
- About 16 blackberries (defrosted if you’re using frozen fruit)
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 2 Tbsp flaked almonds
- 2 Tbsp runny honey
- 2 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter, chilled and cut into tiny pieces
- Preheat oven to 400º. Lightly grease a deep ovenproof dish with butter.
- Cover bottom of dish with sliced apple. Sprinkle with sugar. Cover with blackberries, leaving at least 1 inch at top of dish.
- Mix together rolled oats and ground almonds. Spread on top of fruit. Sprinkle ground flaxseeds over. Scatter flaked almonds over. Drizzle with honey and dot with chilled butter.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until nuts are golden.