- 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 3 1/2 oz crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 oz raw, dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- Place all ingredients, except melted chocolate, in a food processor or blender and pulse together until everything is combined.
- Line a tray with baking paper. Take about 1 tablespoon of mixture at a time and roll it into 1/2 inch balls.
- Dip each ball into melted chocolate, allowing any excess to drain off. Refrigerate balls until chocolate has set.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in refrigerator or freezer. Truffles will keep for up to 2 weeks in the fridge or a couple of months in the freezer.
If you like, sprinkle a few sea salt flakes onto each truffle after dipping them in chocolate. It makes them look even lovelier.
2 truffles: 253 Calories, 7 g Protein, 17 g Carbohydrates, 3 g Fiber, 18 g Total fat (5 g sat), 115 mg Sodium, ★ ★ Vitamin B3 (niacin), ★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), E, Folate, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc