- 1 (5 oz) package gluten-free macaroni and cheese
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Gluten free nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking mats.
- Prepare mac and cheese according to package directions omitting the additional milk and butter. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine ground beef with onion, carrot, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Add prepared mac and cheese. Using about 1/4 cup of mixture per meatball, roll into balls.
- Place on prepared baking sheets, spray with cooking spray, and bake for 20 minutes or until they are browned. The meatballs will feel soft; they firm up a little as they cool.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve with fresh vegetables on the side for a wholesome meal.