- 2 bananas
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 1/2 cups certified gluten-free oats
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups freeze-dried fruit
- 1/2 cup seeds, nuts, or coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Put the bananas in a large mixing bowl and smash with a fork. Stir in the apple sauce. Add the oats, salt, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Put the freeze dried fruit in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin until the largest pieces are about 1/4-inch. Stir the crushed fruit into the mixture and let sit for 10 to 30 minutes.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons of batter onto the prepared baking sheets for each cookie (I use a # 40 ice cream scoop for this), spacing them about an inch and a half apart. Flatten the cookies and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until browned and fragrant. Let cool on the pans for 10 minutes.
- Store cookies in an air tight container at room temperature.
167 calories, 1g fat, 49mg Sodium, 457mg Potassium, 33g carbs, ★★★★★ Vitamin C, ★★ Iron