- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp hot sauce, plus more as needed
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp paprika
- 1⁄4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Avocado oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a 15 1⁄4 by 10 1⁄4-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse the oats in a blender until they have a breadcrumb consistency.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil and hot sauce. In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper and black pepper.
- Dip a piece of the chicken into the olive oil–hot sauce mixture then immediately into the oat-Parmesan mixture, coating it generously. Place the piece of chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat this process for the remaining chicken pieces.
- Lightly spray the chicken nuggets with the avocado oil spray. Bake the chicken for 8 minutes.
- Flip the chicken nuggets and bake them for 5 more minutes, or until they are crispy and brown.
- Serve the chicken nuggets immediately with additional hot sauce and veggies.
This is a better-for-you breaded chicken recipe that’s made with fewer calories, boasts nutritious ingredients and is kid-approved. Serve these nuggets for lunch with your favorite veggie as a side or as a healthy appetizer.