- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 14 oz low-fat turkey kielbasa
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium celery stalk, chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 4 cup water
- 2 cubes low-sodium chicken bouillon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Cut chicken and kielbasa into 1-inch chunks.
- Spray a medium-size pan with nonstick cooking spray. Brown sausage and chicken over medium heat and remove from pan.
- Add celery, onions, garlic, green onions, bell pepper, and tomatoes to same pot and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Put cooked meat back into pot; add rice, water, chicken bouillon cubes, bay leaf, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and let simmer for about 50 minutes or until water has evaporated.
- Stir in parsley and serve warm.
Per serving (1 cup): 342 Calories, 20 g Protein, 32 g Carbohydrates, 3 g Fiber, 15 g Total fat (5 g sat), 635 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin B3 (niacin), B6, ★★★★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), K, Phosphorus, ★★ Vitamin C, ★ Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), B12, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc