- 1/2 whole-wheat pita
- 1 baby dill pickle
- 2 thin carrot matchsticks
- 1/4 cup lowfat cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 slices honey-baked turkey breast
- 4 thin orange slices
- 4 thin red apple slices
- You will also need: Clean scissors
- Flap your arms 4 times. Now use clean children’s scissors to cut pita bread into four 1-inch ovals to help shape the wings. Use a butter knife to slice one-third of the pickle off the top and set aside for dragonfly’s head. The rest of the pickle will be its tail.
- Use a toothpick to make 2 small holes on the top of the pickle head. Slide 1 small carrot stick into each of the holes for the antennae.
- Buzz like a bug as you combine cream cheese, yogurt, turmeric, garlic powder, and salt in a bowl. Spread it on top of your pita bread.
- Place turkey slices on top of each other and roll them up tightly. Place turkey roll-up in center of plate. Place pickle head at one end, and rest of pickle at other end.
- To help our dragonfly fly, it needs wings. Place 2 pita ovals on each side of turkey body. Stack sliced oranges and sliced apples on the wings, making sure all tips are pointing in. Run around the house like you’re a dragonfly whooshing through the air before landing at your lunch table for a scrumptious sandwich!