- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- Blend egg and buttermilk together, and add all at once to the flour mixture. Mix just until moistened.
- Stir in butter. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes.
- Try playing with this recipe by adding raisins, cranberries, nuts or caraway seeds before baking.