The Rotisserie Chicken Cookbook by Michelle Ann Anderson ($33.95, Cumberland House Publishing, 2008)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 8-ounce package sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1 12-ounce jar mushroom gravy
- 2 cups coarsely shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 12 ounces penne, cooked al dente according to package instructions
- Grated Parmesan for garnish
- Place the oil and butter in large skillet over medium heat; stir in the mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the wine, stirring to scrape all the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Stir in the gravy and chicken; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the oregano. Place the pasta on a serving platter, top with chicken marsala. Garnish with Parmesan and serve.