- 15 ounces EDEN Chili Beans (seasoned dark red kidney), 1 can, do not drain
- 1 cup any EDEN Whole Tomatoes, chopped, do not drain
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups organic sweet corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a 10 inch pie plate or casserole dish, combine the beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, corn, onion, cilantro, and parsley.
- To prepare the cornbread, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and sea salt in a mixing bowl and set aside. Mix thoroughly.
- In a measuring cup, combine the EDENSOY, oil, vinegar and maple syrup. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes until thick like buttermilk.
- Pour the EDENSOY mixture into the dry ingredients, and stir until batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter over the bean mixture.
- Bake until cake tester inserted into the cornbread topping comes out dry, about 30 minutes.
Per serving - 249 calories, 5 gram fat (17% calories from fat), 10 gram protein, 44 gram carbohydrate, 7 gram fiber, 0 milligram cholesterol, 365 milligram sodium
Eden Foods is the oldest natural and organic food company in North America, and the largest remaining independent manufacturer of dry grocery, organic food. They track the environmental impact of their food upstream from suppliers, through company operations, and downstream, monitoring all the social impacts.