From the Taste for Life test kitchen
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red radish
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 tsp chopped chipotle chile in adobo sauce*
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb raw small or medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 soft corn taco shells
- Diced cucumber, for garnish
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Place garlic, radish, and cabbage in a medium bowl. Add vinegar, sugar, and salt. Stir to combine. Place in fridge for 1 to 2 hours to allow vegetables to marinate.
- Combine yogurt, lime juice, and cilantro in a small bowl. Set aside in fridge while making shrimp.
- Preheat oven to 300°. To make shrimp, whisk together oil, chipotle chile, cumin, and salt in a large bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Heat an outdoor grill or stovetop grill pan. Grill shrimp until cooked through, approximately 1 to 3 minutes per side, depending on size of shrimp.
- Lay soft corn taco shells directly over oven racks in preheated oven. Carefully, using oven mitts and a fork, and without burning yourself, gently push edges of taco shells toward bottom of oven—encouraging shells to droop over racks. Bake until shells are curved and crisp, about 30 minutes. (For soft taco shells, use shells as is without baking them.)
- To assemble tacos, place some pickled radish and cabbage on bottom of a shell. Add shrimp. Garnish with yogurt sauce, cucumbers, and cilantro.
A chipotle chile is a smoked and dried jalapeno. You can find them canned in adobo sauce in the Mexican or International foods aisle of most supermarkets. [food lover’s ency 133]