- 8 cups peeled, diced potatoes
- 4 Tbsp oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 cups thinly sliced packed green cabbage
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- Salt and freshly ground
- Cover potatoes with water in a large pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, approximately 20 minutes. Drain potatoes and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan set over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add green onions and sauté for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add cabbage to pan and cook until softened and wilted, approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add milk to potatoes and mash with a potato masher or an electric mixer. Stir in cabbage mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
200 Calories, 5 g Protein, 30 g Carbohydrates, 4 g Fiber, 7 g Total fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono, 1 g poly), 102 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin C, ★★★★ Vitamin K, ★★★ Vitamin B6, ★★ Copper, ★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), Folate, Pantothenic acid, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium