- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of water
- Additional 1/4 cup flour for kneading and dusting
Special equipment: a pasta machine
Make the Dough
- Using your hands or mixer: Mix dry ingredients. Incorporate eggs and add water slowly, mixing until dough begins to form a ball.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Wrap dough in wax paper and let stand 1 hour.
Make the Pasta
- Cut dough into 4 equal pieces.
- Form the first piece of dough into a rectangle and feed through the smooth rollers of a pasta machine, on widest setting. Repeat twice.
- Turn the dial to narrower setting and feed dough through rollers again. Flour if needed.
- Repeat, making each pass narrower until you've reached second-to-last narrowest setting.
- Flour the thin pasta sheet, and roll through the cutting rollers. Or lay on floured surface and hand cut.
- Repeat on remaining 3 pieces of dough.
Cook the Pasta
- Bring 1 gallon of water and 1 Tbsp of salt to a boil
- Add fresh pasta and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.