- 2 cans water-packed albacore tuna, drained
- 2 Tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 12 oz pasta
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves, cut into thin ribbons
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained and chopped
- Salad greens, for serving (optional)
- To make tuna salad, mix drained tuna, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. Set aside.
- To make pasta salad, whisk together oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, and honey until blended.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain. Transfer pasta to a large bowl. Toss with oil-vinegar mixture.
- Add bell peppers, basil, onion, and capers to pasta. Toss to combine. Carefully and gently fold tuna mixture in until incorporated.
- Serve over salad greens, if desired.
Per serving: 309 Calories, 18 g Protein, 35 g Carbohydrates, 2 g Fiber, 11 g Total fat (2 g sat), 306 mg Sodium, ★★★★ Vitamin B12, ★★★ Vitamin B3 (niacin), C, Phosphorus, ★★ Vitamin B6, ★ Vitamin E, K, Magnesium