- 1 cup sweet onion (Oso Sweet or Vidalia), thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 12 large fresh basil leaves
- 2 lb fresh cod fillet
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 medium lemon, divided
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a nonstick skillet, sauté onions and garlic in oil until tender and then set aside. Coat a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange basil leaves in a single layer in dish, top with fish fillets, and sprinkle with salt. Top fillets with onion mixture from skillet.
- Arrange tomato slices and olives over fillets. Thinly slice half of lemon and place slices over top of fillets. Squeeze juice from remaining lemon half over everything. Top with black pepper.
- Cover baking dish and bake for 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
249 Calories, 42 g Protein, 9 g Carbohydrates, 2 g Fiber, 5 g Total fat (1 g sat), 828 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin B6, B12, Phosphorus, ★★★ Vitamin B3 (niacin), ★★ Vitamin C, Magnesium, Potassium, ★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), D, E, K, Zinc