- 3 slices Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain Bread
- 3/4 cup shallots, sliced (about 2 shallots)
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, shaved
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup raw whole cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- Food processor
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add 3 slices of Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain Bread into a food processor, along with 1 Tbsp fresh sage, 1 tsp of minced garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper. Pulse until breadcrumbs form. Add 1 tsp of olive oil and pulse to combine. Set aside until it is time to assemble.
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to a sauté pan. Sauté 3/4 cup sliced shallots until translucent, then add 2 tsp of minced garlic and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In the meantime, drain 1 cup of soaked cashews and add to a blender with 1 cup water, 1/2 tsp dried sage, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper. Blend until smooth. Mix in the sautéed garlic and shallots. Set cashew cream aside.
- Add the shaved brussels sprouts and chopped kale to a large bowl and mix in cashew cream. Add to a casserole dish. Top with the garlicky Ezekiel 4:9 breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 35 minutes. Optional: set under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes to get the breadcrumbs on top crispy and golden brown.
Food For Life
Food For Life takes the time to sprout the grains in most all of their products to release nutrients that would otherwise remain dormant. In other cases, they use more than 18 grains and seeds from all over the world in a single loaf of bread, so you can benefit from the most nutrient rich, wholesome products out there.
Food For Life developed yeast-free, gluten-free, vegan and diabetic-friendly selections that promote wellness, happiness and assure peace of mind. From their pastas and breads, to their cereals, tortillas and english muffins, they strive to bring you the very best food for your life.