- 1 (16-oz [454-g]) package uncooked vegan potato gnocchi
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into 1⁄4-inch (6-mm)-thick pieces and cut in half
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (16 g) pine nuts
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup (130 g) store bought pesto (page 167), divided
- A small handful of fresh basil
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C, or gas mark 7) with a rack positioned in the middle of the oven. Lightly grease a 9 x 13–inch (23 x 33–cm) casserole dish.
- Add the gnocchi, zucchini, tomatoes, onion and pine nuts to the casserole dish. Drizzle the olive oil over the top and add 1⁄4 cup (65 g) of the pesto. Use a spoon to mix the veggies and gnocchi well in the oil and pesto. Spread the mixture evenly across the dish.
- Place the baking dish in the middle of the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, until the tomatoes are bursting and the gnocchi exposed at the top are slightly crispy.
- Stir in the remaining 1⁄4 cup (65 g) of pesto and serve immediately, topped with fresh basil.
This dish comes together with such little effort that I always feel like I’m forgetting something when I make it. The prep is nothing more than chopping up a few vegetables, tossing everything together and then baking for about twenty minutes. The end result is a bright and vibrant meal that’s bursting with juicy roasted veggies and soft, pillowy, pesto-coated gnocchi pieces. If you want to make this with frozen gnocchi, simply add an extra ten minutes to the cook time and you’re all set